Friday, July 9, 2010

Tragedy

There was a helicopter crash in Sitka and three of our friends were killed.  I was devastated when Adam called me while I was painting.  My heart broke for my friends.  To never have their husbands home again, to have their entire lives turned upside down...  I couldn't stop crying each time I thought of their hurt.  As I prayed, I realized their was not much "I" could do to, but I knew the Lord was the only one that could bring a measure of comfort.  I am grateful that he loves us and I know that he will mend their hearts and bring them peace for as long as it takes.  I will continue to pray for them.  I am grateful for those who sacrifice, in his case their lives, for the benefit of others.  We are surrounded by great people- Coasties, soldiers, police, firemen,... and their families.

I don't know what else to write except that I am sad!  and I am grateful that Christ knows our hurts and can soothe our sorrows.  I have faith that he will do that for my friends as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment