Seth's first soccer team and my first banner. I asked the coach if anyone else was making one and he said, no. I asked if it would be OK if I did because in California we always had these big banners. He looked at me kinda funny and said, "This is just a rec league." (I guess this area doesn't do banners) But I couldn't wait to do one anyway. I kept it pretty simple, but as I was putting it up the first game, the kids looked over and said, "Whooaaaa, look!" It was very exciting. A couple of moms said how cool it was and I told them "I know noone else has them, but..." They said, "Not for long!" I will report back on if and when the other teams get banners.
(FYI - I used the wrong glue which is why the ball is falling off, don't worry it's fixed now.)
Seth is having a blast on the team. He laughs alot and even jokes when his own teammate takes the ball from kickoff and scores on his own goal. His favorite position is goalie because he "can just stand there". But he has also scored a couple of goals! It is really fun to watch.
We were sitting there and Adam said, "This is so suburban!" I told him he's right and I love it! We were sitting there in our little folding chairs on gorgeous green grass surrounded by beautiful green trees in front of a felt soccer banner watching my son kick around a ball with Ryan wiggling around on our laps waiting for the game to end so we could make a tunnel for him to run under. (Yes, they do that here) Yeah for soccer and suburbia!
(Next time I won't go quite so crazy on the number of pictures, but I couldn't control myself this time, they all just brought back such good memories and such fun hopes)
he looks just like his dad when he's running...and those are great pics Kace...LOVE
ReplyDelete