Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference and the Staring Game

We watched conference today which of course was great but Elder Holland's talk on the Book of Mormon was AWESOME!!! It was so powerful. In this society of tiptoeing around everything, I loved hearing the truth and what he/we really thought about it. It reminded me of a couple of years ago, his talk about us being Christians. WOW!

We played on the tree swings between conferences and then went on a walk around the block. I had just said how I wanted to get a bench to sit on while the kids swing and what appears, but a great park bench with a free sign on it at the sidewalk. I even found out from a neighbor that it was a 75th birthday present for a sweet lady who used to live there. So Adam and Ryan walked home to get the truck, we put it in the back, had a seat and Adam drove us all back home. It's a great addition to the front yard. Since the kids can play on the tree swings forever, it's a great place to watch them from (or from where to watch them.)

After conference, the kids finished scrapbooking and playing with the kitty, and we sat down for dinner. During which we played the staring game. Adam was immature enough to keep clapping to make Seth blink and then Seth and Ryan clapped back and forth at each other for awhile. The other night, they were playing the Silent game, which Adam loved. Ryan kept calling Pause and then saying the most random things (she's not very good at the Silent Game... obviously, it would be like me playing it, there are just too many things to say). Anyway, after a game, Daddy was saying something silly and Seth said, "I wish you would play the Silent Game!" It was so sarcastic. Hehehehe!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Sounds likde a great Conference Sunday. There were a number of talks Saturday that were equally as awesome. It was a year overflowing with the spirit!
    Miss you guys! Have you heard about the new family up here? They have a little boys Shane's age- and one that's in 1st (he sure misses boys @ church his age- I know Seth understands.

    ReplyDelete