Monday, July 6, 2009

Saying goodbye at church

June 26- We said goodbye to everyone at church today. It was happy instead of sad. I get why Daddy says he wants us all to have a party at his funeral instead of moping around. There were a few tears from my new Relief Society President and my two babysitters, but mostly we did lots of hugs and laughing. I got all the ladies to come out to the front lawn for a group pictures. What great sisters! I was really happy here. But leaving on such a great note just makes me excited about the next place too. There are good people everywhere ready to love us and be loved and to make our lives better. I am having a hard time explaining in a paragraph our last four years here. How do I make the kids understand in the future how happy we were and what great people we shared our lives with. I trust that the Lord will make it alright someday—maybe our very own Godly home videos or really great memories or something. But I feel such joy in the Lord and his love to those of us on this island. We were blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment