Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Skate Park

We had Subway at the skate park tonight. The kids and I went the other night and just watched the boys skateboard and bike, but tonight WE PARTICIPATED! The kids brought their scooters. While I was busy having multiple mini heart attacks that Seth was going to fall into the "swimming pool", the kids scootered up and down the small concrete hills. OK, so Ryan didn't make it too far up each one, but each attempt was done with a "woohoo" to herself and a lot of encouragement to her scooter- "come on you can do it". Seth wrecked five times, but no tears. He got really good going up and down and even learned to do a wheely so the scooter didn't get stuck in the middle. We all did some running down in the "pool". Adam was running around so fast that he was sideways. When I was getting out, Ryan said, "Hey Mama, do you need a hand?" It was just a great evening- the sun was shining, the weather was warm and nobody broke any bones... yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment