Monday, May 4, 2009

Seth is minus a tooth!

Seth has finally lost his first tooth. It has been quite an adventure. We first noticed it was loose quite a while ago (actually both of the bottoms were loose) and that was exciting in and of itself. But then lately it got REALLY loose. I tried to get Seth to let me pull it out for him so it didn't keep hurting during the day. I told him it would still hurt but only once and it would be over. I told him the story of when Daddy tied the string onto my tooth to slam the door and pull it out. I really didn't want him to and did a lot of moaning and groaning and when he was about ready to shut the door, he held up my tooth. He had pulled it out while tying the string to a different tooth and I was so worried I never even noticed.
But none of that worked until finally Seth decided that I should pull it out while he was sleeping. The first night he moaned and said, " ...when I'm sleeping... I'm awake... I'm awake..." while he turned from side to side. The next night I couldn't even get his head to stay still and the third night he wouldn't even open his mouth. Each morning he just gave his cute big smile and said try it tonight again. One of those nights, Dad got the pliers and after slipping off a couple of times decided it wasn't really ready to come out. Then finally, Sunday at the end of sacrament meeting, I told Seth I could just do it right then, which of course he said no to, do it tonight. I told him if I don't do it soon, he better not let Daddy do it. Which of course, Adam said come over here... Seth opened his mouth and Adam pulled it right out. We tissued up a little blood and Voila! Seth wa minus a tooth!
He already had a tooth holder that our girl from Unalaska bought him. So he put it right in and wrote a note to the tooth fairy, "can you give me a sacaguwea doller please?" And the next morning that is what he got. (Good thing he came in way early and fell back asleep with me so the "tooth fairy" remembered and could quickly switch things out at 6am. He was still sleeping so it counts and he never knew the difference.)










No comments:

Post a Comment