Sunday, March 8, 2009

Seth on Valentine's and growing up!

This really has nothing to do with Valentine's. It just happens to be on that day, but I thought it was so cute of Seth so intent on his reading. I has become such a great reader. We have started the Magic Treehouse set of chapter books which we normally take turns reading together before bed, but he has started reading them by himself. He finished one in a day a half. Now that is my boy! The other afternoon, Ryan was playing with a friend and I told Seth I was going to read for awhile. He went and got his book, cuddled with me and read his own book for about fifteen minutes. It was one of those moments! I remember when we lived in Astoria and he and I would go to Costco and get a berry smoothie and take turns sipping from the straw. He was about a year and a half, but we loved those afternoons together. He has always been my little friend.
This is his cheesy smile! It showed up about a year and a half ago, before that he always the best smiles. Now we half to do some work to get one- "don't smile, don't smile, don't smile (that gets them laughing), now smile!" They are working on their books of Valentine's. There's Ryan, of course! Seth helped her get her book together. She left out all the boy ones because they were "not pretty". After their books, we had a little party. Seth brought heart-shaped cheese that he cut out himself. Ryan did it too for her class. After making the slices at home, I went upstairs to finish getting ready and Ryan cookie cuttered each one, put them in the bowl, covered them and put them on the table. She was just so big girl about it all! They are both really growing up, I know, obviously. But it is just always so fun to watch it happening! Seth went down and got Ryan and himself bowls of cereal for a snack. He hopped up and get the cereal and bowls, Ryan got the spoons, and Seth got out and poured the milk (if it was too full, he would call me). About ten minutes later, they both came back upstairs, like no big deal. They didn't even know to be proud of themselves, but I was proud!







3 comments:

  1. I am glad that Seth got his reading ability from you ad not his spelling or grammar...you must have been tired here...LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm excited to get to see all the fun pics all the time. Love ya kid...can't wait to see you again. The kids are super excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. That was me--I was signed in as Russ(Not that you couldn't have figured that one out)

    ReplyDelete