Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hollywood!

We just finished watching E.T. tonight. The kids loved it! We've been on a kick of watching the movies that I loved when I was little. We found The Neverending Story at the library and that started it all. Next we got Pete's Dragon, then Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Mary Poppins. Next I am going to order the Pippi Longstocking movies. Lacee and I LOVED those when we were little. Shplunk! Villa villa coola! Oh yeah, we just watched Ricki ticki tavi, too. I am thinking about trying Misty's favorite The Sound of Music. I think she made us watch that at least twice a week when we were growing up. Movies and going out to dinner were and are some of my family's favorite things to do. I think I have passed that tradition on to my kids. One of the first movies I took Seth to was Eight Below (the one with the sled dogs). My mom had said how great it was and that he would love it. She didn't mention anything about any scary parts, so when the dogs were suddenly attacked by the scariest creature I've ever seen (leopard seal), I was not prepared to shove his face into my shoulder and tell him it was OK. I probably jumped higher than he did! But despite his first terrifying experience at the theater, it was nothing compared to Grandma Milk taking us to see Rambo in elementary school or making us watch Eyes of Laura Mars on the floor beneath her big screen TV at night.

2 comments:

  1. at least she let us sleep in between her and grandpa afterward...

    ReplyDelete
  2. really, I didn't remember that! But I do remember that she let us wear her silky jammies. I still have a baby blue pair.

    ReplyDelete