The kids just finished their last day of school and walked in for summer vacation to a very happy Mom and Dad. Life has just been very busy and we were ready to have some free time. (I remember Mom was always waiting for summer vacation to start, too) The kids walked in with their friends and I took them all to the pool for four hours. It was killer hot and the community pool was packed and soooo, oh, I don't know, classic 50s, Pleasantville... All the moms in sunglassas and hats, the highschool band in the corner with all the kids listening on benches during pool breaks, free ice cream bars, vending machine snacks, and the buzz of yelling, laughing kids. It was just picturesque. Everything summer should be. Seth and Ryan had so much fun with their friends and I loved watching them just seem so grown up. I didn't need to help them with the vending machine or sit with them to watch the band. It's fun watching your kids get older, and a little scary, too. And I got to sit and read my book and take random dips in the pool to cool off.
After the pool, their friends stayed for dinner, movie and a sleepover. I think by midnight, they were finally all asleep. I ask them all the time, "What, do you think you're 18 or something?" Their last day of school finally just ended. We said goodbye to Ryan's and Aubrey's tap-dancing and Seth came back from playing in the water with his friends. He's now sitting with me sharing a drumstick, Adam is jumping in the shower and we are all getting ready to head off to the temple. Yeah for summer!
Guys!! It's March!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment